Our dedicated staff works with all concerned parties within the plan of care to ensure a smooth and efficient order process. We understand that new equipment often times impacts all parties involved — our objective is to make it a positive experience for everyone.
As a team, we work closely with your healthcare professionals, who have prescribed a rehabilitation evaluation to determine the most appropriate mobility aid that fits your individual needs.
In an effort to make this process as smooth and efficient as possible, we strive to follow the outline below. However, please understand that due to delays outside of our control (manufacture delays, lack of response from physicians, etc) the following timeline is not a guarantee.
The Process – From Start to Finish
- Intake: Access Medical will contact you within 24 hours to confirm accuracy of your basic information (name, address, height, weight, etc).
- Eligibility: We will verify eligibility and obtain authorization from your insurance to perform the evaluation. This authorization is not for the purchase of your equipment.
- Schedule a Visit: An Access Medical rehab assistant will call you within 48 hours of the authorization to schedule your evaluation visit.
- Initial Evaluation: An Access Medical Rehab Technology Specialist (RTS) will visit your residence or place of current care to complete the initial evaluation. This initial visit also includes an evaluation of your environment to ensure the provided equipment will be able to access all doorways and hallways. Please allow up to 2 hours for the on-site evaluation.
- Equipment Quote: Based on the evaluation results, we request a manufacturer’s quote for the specific equipment recommended by the RTS. This step takes approximately 1-3 business days, depending on the manufacturer.
- Equipment Approval: Upon receipt, the manufacturer’s quote is submitted to your physician for signature, then to your insurance fora purchase authorization.
- Order Equipment & Copay: Once the insurance authorization is approved, we will contact you to make payment arrangements for any portion that may be designated as “patient responsibility”. Once arrangements have been confirmed and agreed upon, the equipment is ordered. Receipt of equipment takes 2-6 weeks depending on the complexity of the equipment.
- Equipment Configuration: Once the equipment is received and verified, it is then assembled and configured to your specifications within 1-3 business days, depending on the complexity of the equipment.
- Schedule Delivery: Once configured, you will be notified within 24 hours, at which time a delivery date is scheduled to take place in the following 3-6 business days.
- Delivery & Instruction: Upon delivery, you (and/or your caregiver) will be instructed on the proper and safe use of the equipment. All signatures are obtained and all patient responsibility payments are collected. Access Medical will bill your insurance for their portion.